Boy Scout Troop 68's
Firem'n Chit Test '95
100 POINTS. EACH QUESTION WORTH UP TO 4 POINTS.
NEED 75% TO PASS.
(Write down your answers on a separate sheet of paper.)
Name; _________________________________________ Patrol; __________________
1) In many public parks & grounds you may need a _____________
to build a fire.
2) In areas where campfires are not allowed you may need to cook
on a ____________________.
3) Name two of the four fuels commonly used in camping stoves.
4) Never leave a lighted stove _____________________.
5) Always keep a campfire under complete ____________________.
6) Clean a campfire site down to _________________ , then remove
all burnable material away from it for a radius of ______________.
7) If you must prepare a new fire site remove a (how many) _______________
foot square piece sod and place it in a _________________ place with which
8) What are the three categories of materials needed for a proper
9) Break or saw fuel wood into pieces about _____________ long.
10) Name three types of fire lays.
11) What is a fuzz stick? When is one used?
12) How is a 'fire bug' made?
13) Name three types of campfire 'fireplaces'.
14) Name two ways to waterproof a match.
15) Name three ways of starting a fire with out matches.
16) What is the Cold Out test?
17) When putting out a fire sprinkle ______________ on the embers,
then _____________ the embers with a stick.
18) When water is scarce, what two items can be worked into the coals
to extinguish the flames?
19) When using charcoal, you should light the briquettes how many minutes
before you need them?
20) List two fire fighting tools (not water).
21) Write the cooking slogan that campers use.
22) Never take tinder or fuel from a ______________ tree.
23) Keep a supply of dry tinder in a ________________________.
24) What should a fire site be examined for before leaving the site?
25) Write the Outdoor Code.
Have you completed the test? Do you think you have passed.
Alright. Then it is time to get the answers!
Firem'n Chit Answer Page
For a PDF version of this test:
I also wish to take the Totin Chip Test.
Take me there!