| View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg |

Melrose Troop 68 Message Board

Re: My thoughts for a change

Posted By: JeffD
Date: Thursday, 17 August 2000, at 11:50 a.m.

In Response To: Re: My thoughts for a change (enrico)

: my thoughts for a change is this. if i am out for a sport
: or musical or working, i am not gonna skip it for
: scouts just so i can loose my spot on the team, or not
: get the part i want, or not get the hours i need to
: help pay for my college. just because we are in other
: things besides boy scouts doesn't mean you have to get
: all pissed off at us. i don't think that the football
: players really wanna go out to a campout after a hard
: first week of practice. i know i would not want to.
: you think that scouts should be our number one
: priority in life and sometimes it isn't.

Enrico

I understand your frustration on juggling life's commitments. But in your position as Senior Patrol Leader, alot more will be expected of you. The same goes for Patrol Leaders. If you think things are crazy now, get ready for adult life, especially when and if you raise a family. You just need to prioritize your life and do the things you want to do and do them well and with conviction. For alot of you guys if scouting isn't fun and it isn't anymore what you want to do then I suggest you get out. The reason I say that is because the younger guys coming into the troop see a laid back, sometimes negative attitude in general throughout the troop and this just causes them to get off on the wrong foot. The older you get in scouting the harder it should get. Just because you've achieved alot of your goals doesn't mean its time to kick back. You need to give back to scouting. At this point I would like Troop 68 to go thru the roster and force out those boys that never show up for anything and also those boys with negative attitudes towards scouting. I'm talking about those of you that do not want to be in scouting. Personally I don't think a boy should be forced to be in scouting because their parent or parents want them to be. After the roster has been weeded out, we can build from there. Otherwise I'm history.

Messages in This Thread

| View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg |

Password:

Melrose Troop 68 Message Board is maintained with WebBBS 3.20.