| View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg |

Melrose Troop 68 Message Board

Re: blah blah blah

Posted By: I'm Sorry...
Date: Tuesday, 30 May 2000, at 1:58 p.m.

In Response To: blah blah blah (Ducky)

I'm sorry you feel that the adults don't listen to the scouts. If that is so then something needs to be done.

I'm also very sorry that my message was unclear. If you will please re-read it you will see that I did inculude the scouts in those who I felt need to feel appreciated and thanked.

You also made me realize something. Though I have noticed and appreciated what the scouts have done, such as their hard work, cooperation, being ready to leave on time, respect during the Court of Honor, etc., I didn't take the time to tell THEM. I made a point to thank all of the adult leaders but didn't say anything to the boys. Often times I have said what a great group of boys this is but never told the scouts themselves.

I guess we as parents are human, too, and don't always do and say what we should. Let me say "Thank You" now and tell you how proud I am of the troop.

About the PLC's frustrations...I know you will come up with a solution. Perhaps you can get together and brainstorm. Make a list of the things you would like to change. Put them in order of importance and make suggestions on solutions i.e. what you would like to see the adults do and what you are willing to do. Ask the leaders to do the same and then meet. Be prepared that not all things will go as anyone would like and to ask for compromises.

This is just only one idea. I am sure you can come up with others and possibly already have. You may already even done this and therefore need to try something else. It's always worth another try.

The reason I didn't use my name is because I didn't really think it was important because my hope is that I speak for all parents when I say that we want what's best for the troop.

I guess that as a parent I maybe overstepped my boundaries and I apologize. Or maybe I am just way off track here. I will stay out of it now. I was only trying to help.

Again...think you are fantastic group of boys and I know you will find a solution that will work best for everyone.

Bye.

Messages in This Thread

| View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg |

Password:

Melrose Troop 68 Message Board is maintained with WebBBS 3.20.