| View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg |

Melrose Troop 68 Message Board

In the Beacon

Posted By: Sergio
Date: Sunday, 18 December 2005, at 12:50 p.m.

So I just finished reading about three seperate articles about the Nativity Scene in Melrose, in the Beacon. For various reasons, it was taken down from the memorial site, and instead put up at St. Mary's. What I thought was interesting is that originally nobody knew who owned it. According to the paper they did a study and found out that The Melrose Boy Scouts owned it. HAHa. I couldn't believe it. It said they contacted the boy scouts (probably steve) to confirm it. Apparently if the city did own it, there could have been suites and what not. (Somebody else, such as Steve, probably knows more about this than me) But I just thought it was hilarious that there was some people complaining the city owned a nativity scene, than found out it belonged to the scouts. After finding this out though, the fight didn't end. Even a quote right from the paper says "Well, storing private property on city property is illegal also" So I guess that is why it is by st. mary's now.

Steve, you should just confirm or deny anything I wrote, since I just read this, and am probably way off. lol

Messages in This Thread

| View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg |

Password:

Melrose Troop 68 Message Board is maintained with WebBBS 3.20.