| View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg |

Melrose Troop 68 Message Board

Re: Remember the rants from way back then?

Posted By: Enrico
Date: Saturday, 20 August 2005, at 8:15 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Remember the rants from way back then? (Alex)

Here is my opinion on Boy Scouts. ( sounds like it will be bad already)

Boy scouts is not about getting eagle, merit badges, advancement, outings, boy scout motto, campfires, meetings or jamboree's.

Yes, those are all important items.

But I think the real message of scouting is the friends you meet for life under a healthy environment.

Like Mike said, he would have never have known Andy if it wasn't for scouts.

Yes, I will remember all the outings I went on and the times we had, but the most fun I remember is the time I spent with my friends on a weekend. Seriously, when we all talk about stories of past times, 75% of those stories are from scouts.

Chicken Baseball, Potato buds, "That's it! No DND game for the Cougars!," Talking about playing with Steve's Star Wars action figures and him catching us, Keith yelling at Jepperson, Jakes dad yelling at us at Watchamagumee, the list goes on.

Times were funny (brent pronouncing philmont as Pil Mont) , bad (I was involved in plenty of those, just think of one to add in or, scary (wolfen) (jk). But they are all times I will remember.

Thirty years from now, I won't remember how I earned the life rank, I will remember all of us sitting around the campfire, complaining that Steve is making us learn how to do lashings.

I experienced a lot in scouting, the good and the bad, and I will remember it all......because it helped me become a more responsible person (sometimes) and it will help me remember who my friends for life are.

And it is too bad that the people in the Melrose area and around the country don't realize it.

Messages in This Thread

| View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg |

Password:

Melrose Troop 68 Message Board is maintained with WebBBS 3.20.