| View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg |

Melrose Troop 68 Message Board

Re: Remember the rants from way back then?

Posted By: Mike
Date: Friday, 19 August 2005, at 10:01 p.m.

In Response To: Remember the rants from way back then? (Steve B)

We don't live at home anymore Steve. Otherwise, we would volunteer. Unfortunately, in today's society, especially with the ME generation having kids, feel that no contribution is necessary. Plus, our cub scout troop, in short, is terrible.

I know all the former eagles are horrified at news of the possible demise of troop 68, but we cannot do all that much. In our lives, it just isn't plausible, even though we want to give back to Scouting because it gave us so much.

I miss the outings, I truly do. Everyone does sports, gets to 9th grade, finds out that not all 40 members can make the varsity squad in a grade, and give up on all organizations. By that time, it's too late for us in scouting to help out. Though a few did, Andy Kleinfehn was one. I would've never known Andy if Brent and Jake hadn't convinced/lured him into Scouting. Scouts must do their part too, and soon.

I feel just as powerless Steve, it's depressing. How such a magnificent organization can die by internal lack of supports.

God help Troop 68, our options are slowly disappearing.

Messages in This Thread

| View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg |

Password:

Melrose Troop 68 Message Board is maintained with WebBBS 3.20.